Friday 29 March 2013

Transposition.

I don't really know what to say but for some reason I feel like I need to say something.

This is what I've got:

Its late when you call.
Maybe 4 am...how am I to know
As I answer the phone.
Your voice sounds like a driven country road on the other end
And just as far away
But I Feel your fingers on my ribs from here
And I don't know whether to weep or smile at this moment
where we are happy
The fear remains of the known - this probably won't last, but maybe this time it will.
You being on the other end means everything, though you'll maintain it was a late night mistake and keep telling me it won't happen again.
But we both know it will, and soon.
And you'll keep pretending it doesn't mean something, and I will keep pretending I don't know any better.
And I don't, really.
Because I keep answering the phone, and wondering if you truly don't know what that feeling is, or if you just don't know how to get the words out.
But I won't push, I'll just answer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment