Thursday 7 February 2013

Things I've learned today - February 7, 2013

- Sarcasm is a crutch, but its a great one.
- The best way to get out of answering the question "what are you doing?" is to answer it in the most immediate sense. When people really want to know about my current employment, relatiionship status, or otherwise, I prefer this conversation:
"what are you doing?"
"eating this handful of almonds."
I thank New Girl for this.
- Happiness, for me, is a job at Disney. not forever, but just to see what it would be like.
- I've always thought that the question of what one does for a living is as rude as asking how much a person makes. I don't ask it if I can avoid it. I thought I was strange for thinking this, but it turns out I'm not alone.

Some days I learn more things than others. Some days I am more willing to appreciate what I've learned. I need to try to be more conscious of this, remember it, and write it down, so that I can use those little things to create bigger ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment